|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||KCAL (g)||FATS (g)||CARBS (g)||PROTEIN (g)|
|10 min||27 min||642||24||77||33|
For the teriyaki salmon:
¼ cup (60ml) water
1 tsp. cornflour
2 tbsp. tamari sauce
2 tbsp. honey
½ tbsp. fish sauce
½ tbsp. ground ginger
½ tbsp. garlic powder
½ tbsp. chili flakes
2x salmon fillets (approx. 9 oz./260g)
2 tbsp. olive oil
For the salsa:
1 mango, cut into cubes
1 lime, zest and juice
4 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
1 red chili, chopped
1. Make the sauce by mixing together the water and corn flour in a container big enough to fit the salmon fillets. Add the tamari sauce, honey, fish sauce, ground ginger, garlic powder, chili flakes, and stir. Add the salmon fillets, cover in the marinade and set aside to marinate.
2. To make the salsa, mix the cubed mango with the zest and juice of the lime and the chopped cilantro and chili.
3. Place a non-stick skillet over a medium-high heat and add the oil. Add the salmon fillets, along with half the marinade.
4. Cook the salmon for 3-4 minutes on one side, then flip over and cook for a further 2-3 minutes on the second side. Cooking times will depend on the thickness of the fillet.
5. Serve the fillets with the cooked rice and the mango salsa, drizzle over the sauce and garnish with extra cilantro.