|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||KCAL (g)||FATS (g)||CARBS (g)||PROTEIN (g)|
|10 min||27 min||530||13||69||39|
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup (170g) dried quinoa
- 1 cup (240ml) vegetable broth
- 1x 14 oz. (400g) can black beans, drained
- 1 cup (180g) frozen corn kernels, defrosted
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 lime, juiced
For the chicken:
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups (270g) shredded chicken
- 1x 14 oz. (400g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. chipotle paste
- salt & pepper
- 1 broccoli head, cut to florets
- 1 lime, wedges, to serve
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped, to serve
For the quinoa:
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently, until fragrant.
2. Stir in the quinoa, vegetable broth, beans and corn and season with the spices, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer until the quinoa is cooked through, approximately 20 minutes. At the end add the lime juice and mix well. Set aside until ready to plate.
For the chicken:
3. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over a medium heat. Add the onion and red bell pepper and cook until tender, around 3-4 minutes. Add in the shredded chicken, chopped tomatoes, spices and chipotle paste. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Continue cooking until heated through.
4. Meanwhile, place the broccoli in a pot of salted water. Bring to a boil, then turn to low and simmer for 5-6 minutes, until tender.
To serve, divide the quinoa and chicken equally between 4 bowls. Serve with the cooked broccoli and lime wedges and garnish with freshly chopped cilantro.