|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||KCAL (g)||FATS (g)||CARBS (g)||PROTEIN (g)|
|20 min||55 min||470||17||69||17|
2 lbs. (900g) potatoes, chopped into chunks
4 tbsp. olive oil
salt & pepper
2 red onions, cut into wedges
4 carrots, chopped into batons
2 tsp. ground cumin
4 tbsp. honey
7 oz. (200g) bacon lardons
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp. balsamic glaze
7 oz. (200g) kale
¼ cup (35g) roasted almonds, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 420°F (220°C).
2. Place the chopped potatoes on a baking tray or roasting dish. Drizzle over 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss the potatoes around in the oil to ensure they are completely coated, then place the tray on the top shelf of the oven to roast for 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, place the carrots and onion onto another baking sheet. Drizzle with a further 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt, pepper, cumin and 2 tablespoons of honey. Toss to coat the vegetables in the oil, then spread out in a single layer on the baking sheet. Place the tray on the middle shelf of the oven and roast until golden, approximately 20-25 minutes. Turn the vegetables halfway through the cooking time.
4. When the potatoes have cooked for 20 minutes, remove them from the oven. Lightly crush each potato using the bottom of a bowl or a pan. Return to the top shelf of the oven and continue roasting until crispy and golden, a further 10-15 minutes.
5. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pot over a medium-high heat. Add the bacon lardons and cook for 4-5 minutes. Now add in the garlic and cook for 1 minute, then remove the pot from the heat and stir through the balsamic glaze and the remaining honey.
6. Once the carrots and onion have cooked, remove from the oven. Place the kale on top, and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Season with salt and pepper and bake until crispy, 5-7 minutes.
7. To serve, toss together the potatoes, vegetables, bacon and then equally between 4 bowls and top with roasted almonds.