|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||KCAL (g)||FATS (g)||CARBS (g)||PROTEIN (g)|
|15 min||25 min||148||9||14||5|
For the muffins:
2 carrots, grated
2 apples, peeled, grated
1 cup (100g) ground almonds
½ cup (70g) raisins
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. baking powder
⅔ cup (80g) ricotta cheese
For the icing:
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup (120g) cream cheese
2 tsp. honey
1. Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C). Line a 12-muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
2. Place all the muffin ingredients into a large bowl and mix until well combined. Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin cases.
3. Place the tray into the hot oven and bake for 25 minutes, until golden. Remove the tray from the oven and set aside on a wire rack to cool completely.
4. In the meantime, make the icing by whipping together the vanilla extract, cream cheese and honey. When the muffins have completely cooled, spread the cream cheese icing on top of the muffins.
5. Store the muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator.