|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||KCAL (g)||FATS (g)||CARBS (g)||PROTEIN (g)|
|15 min||20 min||128||12||3||3|
1 tbsp. chia seeds
2 ½ tbsp. water
½ cup (110g) unsalted butter, softened
½ cup (100g) erythritol, or other sweetener
½ cup (120g) cream cheese, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. lemon zest
½ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
3 cups (325g) almond flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix the chia seeds with water and let rest for 10 minutes.
3. Use a hand mixer to cream the butter and sweetener together. Now add the cream cheese and mix until smooth.
4. Add the chia mixture, vanilla extract, lemon zest, baking powder and salt. Then fold in the almond flour to form a dough.
5. Use a tablespoon of the dough for each cookie and place the cookies on the parchment paper. Lightly flatten the cookie dough to form a cookie shape.
6. Place the sheet into the oven and bake for 15 to 18 minutes until the cookies are lightly browned. Once cooked remove the sheet from the oven and set aside to cool for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
7. These cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days.